Get hands-on experience on a campaign for Mayor of the 10th biggest city in America!
We are a fun, engaged, and dedicated group of hardworking students with a common goal: electing Matt Mahan Mayor of San Jose and building a better city for all of us.
Our job on Team Mahan is to connect with voters in their neighborhoods and talk about Matt’s vision for a more responsive, transparent, and accountable government.
High school, undergraduate, and graduate students are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will develop their communication skills, gain opportunities for leadership, and network with elected officials and local political influencers.
Key Intern Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Opportunities in Field, Policy, Data, Communications, and Fundraising
- In-person and remote options available
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- Weekly zoom meeting check-ins with campaign staff
- Responsiveness over text and Slack, and timely completion of assignments
- A positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn quickly
- A desire to make our city a better place for all San Joseans
The above responsibilities make up the standard arrangement, though accommodations can be made to fit individual needs and circumstances. The hourly commitment can be done on a flexible schedule throughout the week!
To apply, fill out this form by October 20th and a member of our team will reach out to you regarding the next steps in the application process.